Image Map

Monday 26 May 2014

Ziaja Cocoa Butter Range | Review

My love for Polish brand Ziaja rages on so and today I have some of the products from the Cocoa Butter line to show you. 

There's actually more in this particular line, including haircare, hand cream, a face mask and a body spray but for now I have the shower soap and scrub, body balm, body butter and face cream to rave about!

Ziaja Cocoa Butter

First up is the Body Balm, designed to "help the skin stay hydrated, prevent excessive moisture loss, provide the skin with revitalising and firming benefits and eliminate the feeling of roughness". Interestingly, it's also supposed to "improve the colour of the skin" when used regularly. I haven't used this for long enough to properly test that last bit but it is plenty moisturising. For me, it's probably slightly too heavy and because of that it requires a little bit of effort to thoroughly massage it into the skin. However, when it's absorbed it's non-greasy and leaves my skin feeling really soft. If you need something a bit more heavy duty than a light lotion, this is a good option but it may be better to save it until the Winter months. Added bonus; it smells like cake mix, so therefore, heaven. This fella is €4.49 for 200mls.

Ziaja Cocoa Butter

The shower scrub with macrogranules is for gentle cleansing and exfoliation of dead skin cells with the extra benefits of "enhancing blood circulation and restoring natural smoothness to the skin". This is €7.99 for 200mls. I've found this to be a really good exfoliator. I probably prefer the finer granules that you get in the likes of Cocoa Brown Tough Stuff Scrub but this is perfect for regular use; it keeps your skin in good condition and is gentle enough to use often. 

Ziaja Cocoa Butter

Next up is the Body Butter which is my favourite from what I've tried. This is designed to "replenish the deficit of lipids and revitalises skin's natural protective banner". This has a much lighter texture than the body balm so it sinks in fast with no greasy residue. It smells lovely and feels refreshing on the skin. I use this every night after a bath or shower and the cocoa/vanilla scent is still on my skin by the following morning. Yum. This is €7.99 for 200ml.

Ziaja Cocoa Butter

The face cream is for normal and dry skin and is designed to "revitalise, smooth and provide protective benefits". As well as the cocoa butter it contains Vitamin E and also interestingly, it can apparently help "prolong the skin's natural tan". Again, this is quite thick and requires a gentle patting motion to apply it. Because of that, I feel like my face is too sensitive for this- I'm thinking it may work a bit better for me again, in Winter but right now my skin doesn't need a moisturiser this concentrated. At the moment I'm using it for the particularly dry patches I have on my body, i.e heels and elbows. If you have very dry but not sensitive skin this may work well for you however. I love the scent of this too, it's quite delicate, a little bit like vanilla but not overly strong so good for use on the face. It's €4.79 for 50mls.

Ziaja Cocoa Butter

I also love the Shower Soap. This is actually quite like a body lotion, it's softening on the skin, unlike most soap based products, so my skin is relatively soft when I get out of the shower. It doesn't hugely lather up, there's never a lot of soap suds but it freshens and cleans the skin and again, smells delish! Amazingly, this is only €2.99 for 500mls!!! Serious bargain alert. 

Ziaja Cocoa Butter

I said I'd put in a couple of photos of what the body balm and shower soap look like, purely because the others were all in tubs that I could open and show you! 


You can find these in selected pharmacies nationwide, Shaws department stores and HERE online from Original Beauty.
So that's the lot! Overall, I really like this range. It's well suited to my dry skin and smells divine. 
Have you tried anything from the Cocoa Butter line? See anything you're interested in?
XX


*Sample, gratefully received. All opinions my own, as always!

14 comments:

  1. I loved the body stuff but all the face products are petroleum/mineral oil based and that rules them out for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liking the sound of that body butter!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me when you said smells like cake mix, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg I am obsessed with the smell of this range, that and the coconut one! I always bring around my cocoa butter hand cream around, even just so I can smell it from time to time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to try the coconut one- I love anything with that scent too!

      Delete
  5. Those look lovely - particularly the shower creme. I'm really lazy about moisturising so anything that moisturises while I shower is all good. I'll keep a look out for this brand in England.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is their uk website: http://ziaja.co.uk :)

      Delete