Image Map

Saturday 17 May 2014

Lough Rynn | Weekend Break Suggestion!

I spotted a DealRush offer the other day for 4-star Lough Rynn castle in Co. Leitrim and then remembered we went there just before Christmas but I never blogged about it due to pure laziness. The deal is only €89 for 2 people for 1 night B&B with early check-in and late check-out (but it's only available for Thursdays, annoyingly).
Anyway, although this is no longer seasonally appropriate, I think these photos still demonstrate the natural beauty you'll see on a walk around the grounds; lakes, forest, a rose garden, a little Summer house/turret overlooking a lake and just general lovely foliage. 


Food wise we had a really excellent lunch and a very good dinner (not my favourite of places we've stayed around Ireland but it was good) and again, breakfast was nice. We thought the decor of the restaurant was a bit old fashioned, in an early 90's "we-built-this-part-on" kind of way but the actual house itself was gorgeous: lots of wood, welcoming bar, big open fires, comfy seats and reading nooks and our room was nice and cosy. 

If you're looking for a really reasonable break away then check out the DealRush offer HERE.
XX

4 comments:

  1. Lovely photos, I got married here in 2012, it's actually in County Leitrim off the beaten track. It is a real rural escape.

    All things nice...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, amended! I have Louth on the brain, was there recently!

      Delete
  2. I grew up about 15 minutes away from Lough Rynn! They used to operate on a seasonal basis, so we knew Summer had arrived when we were allowed go to Rynn. They had a little gift shop and a coffee shop. The main house used to be open for tours only, bizarrely I remember an Irish Dancing display going on there one time too. There's a maze and a wishing chair hidden in there! I've only been there once since they poshed it all up, but the gardens are still gorgeous. I think you might enjoy reading about the history of the place and about Lord Leitrim - there's a website, loughrynn.net - the main house always gave me the absolute creeps, got such a bad vibe from it. It feels so weird after growing up with it that it's now somewhere people outside of Leitrim know and go to as a getaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'll definitely look it up, thanks for that! I love finding out the history with these sort of places and that sounds really interesting.

      Delete